You can start an exciting career high-performance recreational, adventure-seeking, multi-terrain rugged machines. We will teach you advanced diagnostics and troubleshooting procedures while you explore how to fix engines, transmissions, suspension and steering, brakes, fuel systems, electrical/electronics, and maintenance and ridability issues. You can choose to specialize in one type of vehicle or aspect of repair, or get prepared for all makes and models.
Our hands-on approach ensures you will understand the complex principles and theories incorporated into today’s vehicles. We receive donations from manufacturers, local service and repair shops, and individuals to give you the experience of working on the latest technology as well as understanding the basics used on older vehicles.
You can start the Motorcycle, ATV & Personal Watercraft Technology program in the Fall or Spring terms. Follow these steps to finish your application:
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
You’re a Good Fit
You will be successful in our Motorcycle, ATV & Personal Watercraft Technology program if you:
- have high mechanical ability and basic math skills
- have good communication skills (must be able to read, understand and follow written directions; must be able to read manuals and computer-generated instructions; and must be able to express oneself clearly verbally)
- are computer proficient and detail-oriented
- are a “mind-on” and a “hands-on” person
- have the ability to work on a team
- are creative and artistic
- have high spatial relations ability (can visualize three dimensionally)
- are a sequential and analytical thinker
- can multi-task and stay on task until a job is completed
We can prepare you for an exciting career as a high-quality, entry-level technician in the motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle and personal watercraft repair field. You can choose to work in independent repair shops, dealerships and specialty shops. Recent SCC graduates report an average starting annual salary of $29,120. Career options in the motorcycle, ATV and personal watercraft industry include:
- Motorcycle Mechanic
- Service Technician
- Shop Support