We offer financial assistance for students taking Continuing Education (Business and Community) courses. Eligibility differs from program to program. The types of assistance are:
- Continuing Education Scholarship
- Gap Assistance Program
Continuing Education Scholarships for Students in Non-credit Courses
Thanks to the generosity of private donors and Continuing Education staff, we are able to provide a limited number of scholarships each year. Complete the application if you are in need of financial assistance for a non-credit course or workshop.
Application deadlines are:
Two weeks before the course start date.
If approved and funds are available, the CE Scholarship will award 75% of the tuition up to $100. Fees, taxes and supplies are not eligible. CE scholarships are one-time awards, intended to help students take the next step in pursuing their personal or educational goals. Applicants will be notified of the Scholarship Committee’s decision within 3-5 days of the start of class. Applicants must either accept or decline the scholarship upon notification of the award or forfeit the scholarship.
- US citizen, permanent resident or eligible noncitizen
- Reside in Nebraska
- Financial need
- Good standing at SCC
Strength of personal need statement and demonstrate financial need
- Remain in good standing with continued progress toward educational, career or life goals.
- Submit a letter thanking scholarship donors and consider sharing your story to promote the Southeast Community College Continuing Education Division and its scholarship program.
- CE Non-Credit Scholarship Application Form
- CE Registration Form Non-Credit Course
- Application must be completed and submitted by the student
- Payment for balance of charges not covered by the scholarship
Southeast Community College
Continuing Education Division
301 South 68th Street Place
Lincoln, NE 68510
Or complete and scan form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX to 402-437-2703
For more information
Gap Assistance Program
This program provides need-based financial support for tuition and other eligible costs for approved, short-termed non-credit training opportunities focused on employment and select credit courses.
To qualify you must meet the income criteria and be eligible to work in the United States. Eligible students must have a family income at or below 250 percent of federal poverty guidelines. Criteria Include: Financial need, Nebraska resident and High school diploma or GED®.
2022 Poverty Guidelines for the 48 Contiguous States
|PERSONS IN FAMILY/HOUSEHOLD||POVERTY GUIDELINE @ 100%||POVERTY GUIDELINE @ 250%|
For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $5,140 for each additional person.
* Annual Income amounts subject to change.
Approved “Programs of Study” are available in a variety of different in-demand occupational areas as shown below. See SCC’s Approved Programs of Study.
- Financial services
- Precision metals manufacturing
- Renewable energy
- Agriculture and food processing
- Business management and administrative services
- Software and computer services
For more information, please contact our Gap Program Specialist, email@example.com or call 402-323-3394.