Commencement is a time for the Southeast Community College community to recognize and celebrate the academic achievements of our graduates.
The application deadline for the 2023 Fall Graduation is Friday, Sept. 15, 2023.
Fall 2023 Commencement
December 14, 2023
Pinnacle Bank Arena
- Graduates will report to the graduate check in area on the ground level between 5:30-6 p.m. Please allow adequate time for parking in order to arrive on time.
- PBA’s clear bag policy must be followed for all graduates and guests in attendance. Only clear bags and small clutch-sized purses/wallets are allowed at entry.
- Graduates will not be allowed to carry items into the ceremony. You will want to leave your personal items (coats, clear bags, etc.) with your family or friends as there is no secure room to store these items.
- Graduates requesting special accommodations need to send an email to email@example.com to work with PBA to meet your needs.
- Graduates are required to attend the entire ceremony. It will end at approximately 8 p.m.
- The ceremony will be live streamed if family and friends are not able to attend in person.
Diplomas will be mailed approximately one month after the end of your final term assuming the following have been met:
- All grades are submitted.
- Contact your instructor regarding missing or incomplete grades.
- You have no outstanding charges to the college.
- Contact Student Accounts at 402-437-2669 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your account.
Diplomas will be mailed to the address you provided on your graduation application. If you have an address change, send an email to email@example.com.
- Phi Theta Kappa members are eligible to wear stoles. Stoles for PTK members will not
be available the day of graduation. Contact the PTK Advisor on your home campus.
- Students graduating with distinction or high distinction will be provided an honor cord when they check in for the ceremony.
- Graduates who are veterans or active military will receive a red, white and blue honor cord when they check in for the ceremony.
- Your family and other guests are invited to sit in any non-reserved section in the 100-level of the arena.
- Handicap seating is available on the main concourse level of the arena. The drop off area is located on the south side of PBA (R Street).
- Tickets are not required at this time but if a local DHM is in effect, SCC will email the graduates with additional information.
- Paid parking is available at Park & Go parking garages and metered street parking around PBA.
- Accessible parking is available in the paid Park & Go garages.
- If you are traveling to Lincoln, the Visitors Bureau has suggestions for lodging, dining and other attractions.