The Testing & Assessment Centers at each SCC’s campuses offer a positive and secure testing environment for:
- Placement Testing: Next Generation ACCUPLACER® (also available at all SCC Learning Centers). Find specific information about scheduling a time to take the placement test.
- CLEP tests - Lincoln Campus only
- HESI tests
- VUE Certification tests - Lincoln Campus only
- GED® - Beatrice and Lincoln campuses (these tests are now offered through VUE)
- Spanish Placement tests - Beatrice and Lincoln Campuses
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Exam: Hebron and Nebraska City Learning Centers
- Proctored tests from other colleges - All campuses and SCC Learning Centers
- TABE - Law Enforcement - Beatrice, Lincoln and Milford Campuses, Falls City and Nebraska City Learning Centers
- Make up tests - All campuses and SCC Learning Centers
- Please note the following: SCC reserves the right to invalidate, deny, or request a retest of any placement scores.
SCC requires a course placement exam that assesses a student's math and English skills prior to being admitted or enrolling in any math or English class. Accepted placement tests are include Next Generation ACCUPLACER®, ACCUPLACER®, ACT or SAT. Test scores may be reported by the testing service (ACT, SAT, etc.), listed on the high school transcript, or submitted by the student.
Students may also provide an official transcript showing completion of college level coursework in English and math in lieu of test scores.
SCC offers the Next Generation Accuplacer® at all Testing & Assessment Centers and Learning Centers. The first test is provided at no cost; retests are $15. Find specific information about scheduling a time to take the placement test.
Please note the following:
- Each Program of Study requires a specific score level for admission (PDF).
- English and math courses require specific scores levels for course registration (PDF).
- Reading score results must be from within the past 5 years. Please note that reading test scores are used for placement in English courses.
- Math score results must be from within the past 3 years.
A student who cannot fulfill any one of these criteria should discuss the available alternatives with an SCC Admissions or Testing Center team member.
Retesting is possible for individuals who believe their course placement testing results do not represent their current ability or whose scores do not meet required levels.
Individuals who wish to retake the Next Generation ACCUPLACER® test must have completed additional study in the test area(s) that they did not achieve required scores the first time; students must be able to demonstrate the additional study to SCC Testing Center staff before they will be allowed to retest. Additionally, individuals must wait 30 days between the first and second testing to allow adequate time to study and prepare for the second test. Individuals will not be permitted a second retest (third time of testing) until 30 days after the first retest (second time of testing).
- An appointment is required. Please call the Testing Center 1-2 days in advance of your desired time.
- A photo ID is required.
- Space in the Testing & Assessment Centers is limited, and due to physical distancing requirements and the need to ensure a positive testing environment, guests will be directed to waiting areas outside of the immediate office space. Children are not allowed in the Testing & Assessment Center.
- Prospective students are welcome to take the Next Generation Accuplacer as part of their campus tour experience. If interested, please let Admissions know when scheduling the visit. Staff will coordinate the appointment as part of the tour schedule.
- Electronic devices, including cell phones, smart watches, etc. are not allowed in the Testing & Assessment Centers.