If you are curious about the who, what, why and how of human behavior, our Psychology program is the place for you. Psychology is a vast field with many possible focus areas which allows you to work with, and explore, human behavior from a variety of viewpoints. You will explore mental processes, social influences, the development process and how each of these areas influence humans and our behavior. This program will allow you to utilize the scientific method using a theoretical focus to explore humanity.
Our program will prepare you to transfer to a four-year college or university by offering the following opportunities:
- Meeting like-minded peers and exploring the psychology field by joining the Psychology/Sociology Club.
- An internship in a psychology related field where you will receive college credit.
- Participating in research to enhance your educational experience.
Our Psychology program will start you on your path to possible whether you plan to start your career or transfer to a four-year institution. You can start the Psychology program in the Fall, Spring or Summer terms. Follow these steps to finish your application:
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
You’re a Good Fit
Our Psychology program is a good fit if you:
- Have a general curiosity about the human brain
- Are interested in the why of human behavior
- Have an interest in helping people in a variety of settings
- Want to transfer to bachelor degree program
- Enjoy using the scientific method and theory to analyze behavior
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution
Southeast Community College is a State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution (NC-SARA) institution. As such, SCC is unable to offer online or distance courses to students in the following areas at this time: American Samoa, Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.