Computer Aided Design Drafting
Our Design & Drafting Technology - Computer Aided Design Drafting program teaches the skills needed to design systems and parts for real world use.
Computer Aided Design Drafting takes a holistic approach to learning design techniques. You will receive hands-on training in an atmosphere commonly found in the industry in our Computer Design labs. We use 3-dimensional rapid prototyping plotters to produce solid ABS plastic parts, simulating the role of a Design Drafter on a variety of projects.
Student entering this program may qualify for the STEM CONNECT scholarship. Applications are currently being accepted. Learn more.
You can start the Design & Drafting Technology - Computer Aided Design Drafting program in the Fall or Spring terms. Follow these steps to finish your application:
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
You’re a Good Fit
You will be successful in our Design & Drafting Technology - Computer Aided Design Drafting program if you:
- have high spatial relations ability
- have good math ability, especially geometry and trigonometry
- are an excellent verbal and written communicator
- are detail-oriented and can work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- are great at problem solving using sequential and analytical thinking skills
- have the perseverance to stay on a multi-step task to completion
- are computer proficient
- can work cooperatively as a member of a team
- enjoy a flexible work environment between the office and job sites
Our program combines drafting and design to give you several options for an exciting career. Recent SCC graduates in Design & Drafting Technology report an average starting annual salary of $47,632.
Career options in the Architectural Design Focus include:
- Architectural CAD Technician
- BIM Manager
- Design Technician
- Drafting Design Technician
- Electrical Systems Engineering Designer
- Mechanical Systems Engineering Technician
- Revit Technicia
- Structural Engineering Technician
- Wood Truss Designer
Career options in the Computer Aided Design Drafting Focus include:
- CAD Designer
- Design Engineer
- Engineering Technician
- Product Designer
- Revit Technician
- VDC Coordinator