Southeast Community College offers apprenticeships that allow you to earn college credit while also receiving on-the-job training. Through an apprenticeship, you'll gain valuable work experience with a mentor, providing hands-on experience in a real-world work environment.
Registered apprenticeship programs combine classroom instruction with a paid job and hands-on training. Apprentices finish college with valuable skills, little to no student debt and career opportunities.
Employers hire the apprentice, provide on-the-job training with a mentor, and partner with Southeast Community College to deliver classroom instruction. You will complete classroom instruction at the same time you are working. This allows you to get a head start in the career you plan to be employed with after graduation.
Reasons to Become an Apprentice
- Experience - You gain work experience while in college.
- Tuition - Many companies cover the cost of tuition and fees.
- Credentials - In addition to your college certification from SCC, you'll earn a nationally recognized credential approved by the U.S. Department of labor, that is transportable if you change jobs in the future.
- Higher Income - As employees of the company, apprentices receive raises and, in many cases, company benefits.
- Value – You are an investment to an employer.
- Career Advancement – Gain skills to enter a higher-level job or transition between careers while still earning an income.
Available Apprenticeship Programs:
Professional Truck Driver Training
Electrical & Electrical-Mechanical Technology
The SCC Registered Apprenticeship Program is new and expanding! We encourage you to complete our form to learn more and provide us with information on your apprenticeship areas of interest.
Let's Get Started
Contact Connie Russell. Email: Connie Russell Phone: 402-437-2357