Computer Information Technology - Cybersecurity
Our Cybersecurity program prepares you to meet the growing need for security professionals in IT. You will explore security systems and operations, cyber defense techniques, and digital forensics related to the protection of today’s networks and critical information systems.
Our flexible Cybersecurity program provides hands-on training while allowing you to be a full-time or part-time student taking day, evening and online classes. Many courses can be completed online but you will be required for some in-person classes. You will be prepared to work in every sector of the economy after you graduate from the program.
This program may qualify you for the STEM CONNECT scholarship. The STEM CONNCECT scholarship is available to academically talented, low-income students interested in careers that require strong skills in mathematics or computer science.
You can start the Cybersecurity program in the Fall or Spring terms. Follow these steps to finish your application:
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
You’re a Good Fit
Our Cybersecurityprogram provides you with a comprehensive, hands-on training in current technologies which makes you a valuable employee. You will be successful in this field if you:
- have excellent problem-solving skills
- are organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize your workload and document activities
- are able to communicate effectively with a variety of people
- have good written and oral communication skills
- are flexible enough to work in groups or independently
- can concentrate on a project or problem until you find a solution
- enjoy working in a field that is always changing
Rewarding careers in cybersecurity are available in almost every field including health, education, business, transportation and manufacturing, and the job outlook is expected to continue to increase. Recent SCC graduates report an average starting annual salary of $62,816. Career options in Cybersecurity include:
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Security Technician
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution
Southeast Community College is a State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution (NC-SARA) institution. As such, SCC is unable to offer online or distance courses to students in the following areas at this time: American Samoa, Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.