SCC Celebrates International Education Week Nov. 12-17
Southeast Community College’s Lincoln Campus will celebrate International Education Week Nov. 12-17 with several activities planned to highlight the benefits of cultural and academic exchange programs around the world.
“International Education Week is a nationwide effort to make global local,” said Nicole Trevena Flores, global education coordinator. “This specific week is an opportunity for our community to step out of our norm and into the shoes of another. It’s a unique way to learn more about those around us of all cultures and backgrounds.”
The Lincoln Campus activities include:
- Sunday, Nov. 12: Linh Quang Buddhist Temple visit, 10:20 a.m.- 1 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 13: Lessons from a Study Away Trip, Noon-1 p.m., Room C316
- Monday, Nov. 13: Inclusive Language in Foreign Language, 12:30-1:30 p.m., Rooms 206/208
- Monday, Nov. 13: How to Support an International Student, 1-2 p.m., Room C316
- Tuesday, Nov. 14: Grief & Loss Traditions Around the World, Noon-1 p.m., Rooms 206/208
- Tuesday, Nov. 14: Palestine & Israel Discussion with SCC Political Scientists, 1:15-2:15 p.m., Rooms 206/208
- Wednesday, Nov. 15: Fulbright Info Session, Noon-1 p.m., Room C316
- Wednesday, Nov. 15: Many Moccasins Dance Troupe, 1:30-2:30 p.m., Rooms 206/208
- Thursday, Nov. 16: Trip Around the World, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Room C316
- Friday, Nov. 17: Food Truck Friday, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., outside T-109 doors (for-purchase event)
SCC provides global education and study abroad experiences to enhance the college experience through college credit, international travel and service-learning. The infusion of global concepts in SCC’s curriculum makes our students desirable to employees because of their knowledge of international environments and understanding of a diverse clientele.